Have you ever wanted to flip an image on a video? Whether for a project or fun, flipping an image can give your work an interesting twist. With DaVinci Resolve, this process is relatively easy.
To flip an image in DaVinci Resolve, create a new project and import your image. Next, select the image in the project window and find the Inspector tab. Finally, click Flip and choose whether you want to flip horizontally or vertically.
How to flip an image in DaVinci Resolve
Tip: If you already have your project loaded and the image in your timeline, skip to step 3.
1. Create a new project in DaVinci Resolve
The first step is to create a new project. Here are the steps:
- Launch DaVinci Resolve and click on the “New Project” button at the top of the page.
- Once you have clicked on this button, you will be asked to enter details about your project, such as its name and location. These details are essential so make sure that you enter them correctly!
2. Import your image into the project
Once you have created your new project, it’s time to import your image into the project. Here’s how to do that:
- Click on the “File” menu at the top of the page and select “Import“, then “Media” from the drop-down menu that appears. That will open up a file browser window where you can locate and select your media files.
- From the browser window, click on the image you want to import and click on the “Open” button.
3. Select the image in the project
Now that all your media is imported into the project, it’s time to select which clip or image you want to flip. Here are the steps:
- Click on the video or image in the timeline. That will bring up an inspector window on the right side of your screen with several options for altering or editing that particular clip or image. (If the inspector doesn’t appear automatically, click on the inspector icon in the top-right of the software).
- Look for “Flip“.
4. Flip the image the way you want to
Now that you’ve selected your image and opened the inspector, it’s time to flip it! Here are the steps:
- Click on the “Flip“ option in the inspector.
- When you do that, you’ll be presented with two options for flipping your image: Horizontal and Vertical. Choose the one that works best for your project.
5. Save and export your image
Now that you have flipped your desired clip or image, all that is left is saving your work. Here are the steps:
- Click the “Save” button at the top of your screen to save your flipped image.
- Once you click on this button, a file browser window will appear so you can select where you want to save your image. When you have selected the desired location, click the “Save” button.
Flipping images, as you’ll know by now, is easy! It’s worth noting that this process works exactly the same as it does with video clips.
DaVinci Resolve makes many things much more straightforward than other video editing software. It’s suitable for both beginners and experts alike.